One of six holiday cottages on Anglesey restored from old farm buildings to a very high standard.
Swan, or Alarch in Welsh, is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty surrounded by open countryside with views toward the mountains of Snowdonia and Newborough Forest. Two lakes, walks and masses of flora and fauna are part of the Glan Morfa Nature Reserve – you can enjoy so much here without having to get in the car.
Swan Holiday Cottage sleeps six people in three beautifully presented bedrooms – two double bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room, loo and hand wash basin and a twin bedroom. Spacious and warm wet room with shower, loo, wash hand basin and heated towel rail, shaver point. There is a double sofa-bed in the front room which can accommodate an extra two people (charged at an extra 10% of the total rental price).
Open plan living room with under-floor heating, comfy sofas and chairs in the sitting room flat screen TV and DVD, dining table and chairs to one side, lovely view across the fields to the estuary. The kitchen is well equipped with electric cooker and hob, microwave, fridge and a 3 drawer freezer.
A communal library full of books, DVDs, table games and local information is open to all guests 24/7. A separate games room has a pool table, table football and darts. There is something to keep everyone happy.
The Glan Morfa holiday cottages were winners of the ‘Best Self-Catering Establishment of the Year’, sponsored by InOut Magazine at the 2011 Anglesey Tourism Awards.
We are graded Green Tourism SILVER and are going for GOLD!. Hot water is heated by solar energy, with a reed bed system that takes away the waste water. You can enjoy your holiday knowing you are doing your bit to reduce the carbon foot print. Find out more about our wildlife project and green statement here.
- One en-suite double room with skylight
- One double room
- One twin bedroom
- Exposed ceiling beams and wooden floors throughout
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, toaster and kettle
- Games room with pool table and football table
- Communal library full of books, DVDs, board games, with tea and coffee facilities
- Access to communal laundry room with two washing machines and two dryers
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Solar powered central heating and hot water
- Waste water disposed of through a reed bed system
- Internet Access in communal library and games room
- Dark Sky Discoveries award for stargazing and astronomy
- Pets allowed (£10)
- Ample Parking
Week: from £410 to £880
3 nights minimum rate: 70% of the week rate
4 nights: 80% of the week rate
Breakfast basket: £6 pp
Up to 2 dogs: £10
Baby cot, high chair: FREE